☺Get tuned up for World Laughter Day
☺Free Ride to Friday Laughter Yoga
☺New Laughter Club at Mustard Seed on Saturday
☺Laughter Yoga Club Schedule
☺3 Biggest Myths About Laughter
Get tuned up for World Laughter Day the First Sunday of May.
A great time has always been guaranteed and always delivered for all. This year should be no exception. Join with Tens of Thousands of other Laughter Yoga folks around the world to celebrate the joy and fun of laughter.
World Laughter Day is on for Sunday, 5th, 11am SaxePointPark in Esquimalt. That is the end of Fraser Street. To get there, head west on Esquimalt Road and turn left on Fraser, which is just after the EsquimaltPlaza.
“The Entire World is an Extended Family; Let us join through Love and Laughter.”-Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of Laughter Yoga
You can “tune up” by attending one or more Laughter Yoga classes beforehand. Lots of options. See schedule below.
Free Ride to Friday Laughter Yoga. This is for those who don’t drive or don’t like to drive at night time. I can fit 5 in my car and it will be my delight, pleasure and honour to pick you up and drop you back at home afterwards. Email me at email@example.com or call 250.477.8608 for pick up.
We meet at 7-8 pm tomorrow Friday the 5th of April. Don’t be shy.
New Laughter Club at Mustard Seed on Saturday
Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Miho Lindley has a new club at the Mustard Seed Food Bank and StreetChurch. Saturday 1:30 to 2:30pm. Awesome. Way to go, Miho.
Laughter Yoga Club Schedule. See where and when clubs are meeting:
Laugh daily with Matti. Here is my laughter video and you will note it comes with an email course focusing on health tips: http://joyenergyandhealth.com/ You will see it on the right side of the page as the “Authentic Joy” video. Let me know how it goes. -Matti
3 Biggest Myths About Laughter (Thanks to Alan at the Comox/Courtenay club for this)
1. We need a Sense of Humour to Laugh – Senses of Humour vary widely between persons – what is funny to one person may be quite serious to another. When we practice laughing WITH folks and not AT what they say or do, we are not relying upon something to strike us as ‘funny’. A sense of humour is irrelevant.
2. We need to be Happy to Laugh – Babies and young children laugh easily because happiness is our true state of being. It has merely been covered with conditional behaviours that create feelings of fear and anxiety. Laughter can help release these feelings, and replace them with the joy we feel when relaxing and having fun.
3. We need a reason to Laugh. No reason is necessary, we can laugh for no reason because it feels SO GOOD.
Just For Fun
Lying on his deathbed, a loving husband was wavering between life and death when he thought he smelled chocolate chip cookies baking. They were his very favourite, so he dragged himself out of bed, crawled to the kitchen and was just reaching up to take a cookie off the plate when his wife slapped his hand with a spatula.
“Don’t touch!” she commanded. “They’re for the funeral.”
All for now,
Love and Laughter,
Matti Anttila, Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher
Victoria Laughter Yoga Clubs
Laughter Yoga is the unique concept that we can laugh for no reason at all.
* Laughter exercises send endorphins (feel good hormones) to the brain.
* Yoga breathing: more oxygen to brain and body equals:
* Feeling healthier and more energetic.
* Sessions are led by a certified Laughter Yoga Leader.
* Non-profit, non-religious, non-political
110-174 Wilson Street Victoria, BC, Canada V9A 7N7